Governor's House Program
|Narrow Lot Door Left (Standard) Layout||
Two Bedroom Door Right (Standard) Layout
|Three Bedroom Door Right (Standard) Layout|
House Exterior, Left Door (Reverse) Layout
For individuals and couples, household income cannot exceed $45,290* For families of three or more, household income cannot exceed $51,760*
For individuals and families under the age of 62, net worth must be less than $90,000 and less than $70,000 in liquid assets.
For individuals and families age 62 and older, net worth must be less than $175,000 and less than $100,000 in liquid assets.
The house must be placed within South Dakota, be used as the homebuyer's only residence, and be owned by the individual(s) living in the home.
*Income guidelines as of March 31st, 2015
Provide the lot
Purchase the building permit
Provide the foundation
Utility hookups and fees
Floor coverings and appliances
- Financing: It is the responsibility of the purchaser to seek financing options; we do NOT provide direct financing. Most banks are aware of the governors house program and will be able to help you with financing.
- 2 Bedroom 24' x 42' home = 1,008 sq. ft
- 3 Bedroom 24' x 50' home = 1,200 sq. ft.
- 2" X 6" exterior wall construction with R-28 insulation.
- R-60 blown-in Cellulose insulation in the attic.
- Vinyl lap siding with a color choice of Clay or Sage.
- Vinyl windows with insulated glass.
- Oak kitchen & bath cabinets.
- Choice of an electric forced air or gas forced air furnace.
- Electric hot water heater.
- 1/2" sheetrock on all interior walls; 5/8" sheetrock on ceilings.
- All walls are taped, textured and painted.
- IKO Asphalt Shingles Color: Driftwood
|Additional Programs Offered:|
|Both non-profit developers and builders and for-profit developers and builders may purchase houses to resell to qualified buyers. (For-profit developers and builders must be members of the South Dakota Homebuilders Association|
|May be purchased for rental use only under financing programs that (i) require long term affordable rent limits targeting low-income families and (ii) have ongoing federal or state compliance requirements and monitoring.|
|School districts may purchase houses under following terms: (i) house must be used to provide housing to teachers and other school district employees in rural community, as defined by most recent U.S. Census (currently 2,500 or less); (ii) house and property on which located must be owned by school district; and (iii) house may not be resold unless written waiver is received from SDHDA.|
Watch a new Governor's House being delivered below
The Governor's Daycare Facility
The Governor's Daycare Facility has also relieved problems in almost 60 communities enabling families to access daycare alternatives they so desperately need to continue to work and live in the community of their choice. Communities have also benefited. The Governor's Daycare has helped increase the tax base and has given communities new facilities from which to build better neighborhoods and needed daycares to care for their children.For additional information please visit: