Governor's House Program
|New Narrow Lot Layout||
Standard House Layout
House Exterior, Reverse Layout
The base price for the Governor's House is $35,500 which includes delivery and placement on an approved foundation or basement. Sales tax, excise tax, fees and options are added to the base price to get the total purchase price.
- Combined income cannot exceed $44,660 for households with 2 or less individuals
- Combined income cannot exceed $51,040 for households with 3 or more individuals
- For families and individuals under the age of 62, net worth must be less than $90,000 and liquid assets must be less than $70,000.
- For families and individuals age 62 and older, net worth must be less than $175,000 and liquid assets must be less than $100,000.
- The house must be used as the homebuyer's only residence.
- The house must be placed within South Dakota and owned by the individual(s) living in the home.
- Provide the lot & Purchase the building permit
- Provide the foundation, Utility hookups, and fees
- Floor coverings and appliances
(SDHDA will provide technical assistance for setup of home.)
- Financing: It is the responsibility of the purchaser to seek financing options; we do NOT provide direct financing.Most banks are aware of the governors house program and will be able to help you with financing.
- 24' x 42' home = 1,008 sq. ft
- 2" X 6" exterior wall construction with R-24 insulation.
- R-49 insulation blown-into attic space
- Vinyl lap siding with a color choice of Clay or Sage.
- Vinyl windows with insulated glass.
- Decorative style dormer on gable roofline
- Oak kitchen & bath cabinets and oak finished trim and doors.
- Choice of an electric forced air or gas forced air furnace.
- Electric hot water heater.
- 1/2" sheetrock on all interior walls; 5/8" sheetrock on ceilings.
- All walls are taped, textured and painted.
- IKO Asphalt Shingles Color: Driftwood
- 1/2 inch structural insulated sheathing on exterior walls
|Both non-profit developers and builders and for-profit developers and builders may purchase houses to resell to qualified buyers. (For-profit developers and builders must be members of the South Dakota Homebuilders Association|
|May be purchased for rental use only under financing programs that (i) require long term affordable rent limits targeting low-income families and (ii) have ongoing federal or state compliance requirements and monitoring.|
|School districts may purchase houses under following terms: (i) house must be used to provide housing to teachers and other school district employees in rural community, as defined by most recent U.S. Census (currently 2,500 or less); (ii) house and property on which located must be owned by school district; and (iii) house may not be resold unless written waiver is received from SDHDA.|
Watch a new Governor's House being delivered below
The Governor's Daycare Facility
The Governor's Daycare Facility has also relieved problems in almost 60 communities enabling families to access daycare alternatives they so desperately need to continue to work and live in the community of their choice. Communities have also benefited. The Governor's Daycare has helped increase the tax base and has given communities new facilities from which to build better neighborhoods and needed daycares to care for their children.